SHORT RANGE RADIO OPERATOR
The course is certified by Latvian Maritime Administration.
The course complies with all requirements of the STCW Convention, as amended, as well as covers all subject areas recommended by CEPT/ERC/REC 31-04 2009 “Harmonized examination procedures for Maritime Radio Operator’s Certificate appropriate to vessel which use the frequencies and techniques of the Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS) on non-compulsory basis”, Articles S47 and S48 of the Radio Regulations.
The Short Range Radio Operator’s training course covers the following topics:
- Principles and basic peculiarities of Maritime Radio communications which are not covered by SOLAS Convention;
- VHF radio installations;
- Purpose & Use of DSC Facilities;
- SAR operations;
- GMDSS Distress, Urgency and Safety radio communication procedures;
- Distress Frequencies Protection;
- GMDSS alarms and signals;
- Communication in English for the safety of life at sea;
- Requirements, mandatory procedures and training;
- Radiotelephony procedures.
E-MAIL: email@example.com PHONE: +371 67399999