LONG RANGE RADIO OPERATOR
The course is certified by Latvian Maritime Administration.
The course complies with all requirements of the STCW Convention, as amended, as well as covers all subject areas recommended by ECC/REC/(10)03 “Harmonized CEPT Examination procedures for the Long Range Certificate (LRC) for non-SOLAS Vessels”.
The Long Range Radio Operator’s training course covers the following topics:
- Principles of Maritime Radio communications;
- VHF radio installations;
- MF/HF radio installations;
- Purpose & Use of DSC Facilities;
- SAR operations in GMDSS;
- GMDSS Distress, Urgency and Safety radio communication procedures;
- Old distress and safety communication procedures for old Distress, Urgency and Safety radiotelephony;
- Distress Frequencies Protection;
- GMDSS alarms and signals;
- Communication messages connected with safety of life at sea;
- Requirements, mandatory procedures and training;
- Radiotelephony procedures;
- Inmarsat communication;
- Types of Maritime Mobile Satellite communication stations;
- Inmarsat – C Ship – Shore station;
- Inmarsat Enhanced Group Call (EGC) system.
E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org PHONE: +371 67399999